Monday 6 July 2015

Quit smoking

A pretty girlfriend of mine , maybe pretty ain't good enough , I should say smoking hot girlfriend of mine got into some relationship problem which she can't resolve has recently started smoking heavily . And all I could see was her silky smooth skin has slowly encounter some changes , with small breakouts and her paper white skin color had gotten a lot duller . I did not try to talk her out of it as I don't really know the resolution to her problem and I did not want her to think I am naggy. So I tried a little trick by saying did she got a tan lately ? Her skin looks darker , she freaked out and ask if I have any medicine from the pharmacy that helps her quit smoking . Nicotine patches was not working as her skin breaks into eczema /allergy on the area the patch is stuck on , just like most people I have heard of . The glue is the main issue for patches . 

Nicotine gums and inhaler are even worst . Started her on it and she then tell me everywhere is out of stock after her first pack and she went back to smoking with even more ciggies a day . I must say the supply of gums in the Malaysian market is relatively unstable . they claim it is raw material issue . But I feel bad for the people on it trying to quit . 

So really there isn't much choice left except the Zyan tablets . The tablets were marketed quite a while in Australia before it got to Malaysia , I first dispense it when I was working in Australia as a pharmacist . They were covered by the PBS if you are a concession card holder .In here , selling at Rm 300 retail pharmacy . The regimen usually take 60 days , depending on individual and determination , continuation to 90-120 days is still acceptable . Simple regimen like twice daily then continue to once day for continuation . Some people complain saying now it does not burn your lungs but burn your pocket ! I can't say it is not true but having really good complexion and less breathing problems is priceless . 

Health is wealth . 


No comments:

Post a Comment