Saturday 18 July 2015

Hot pack

It's been a week of Scottish accent , some whisky and bland coffee . All sound  pretty fun , accept for one thing , the windy cold weather . The Scots have to be kidding me with a summer that is averagely 17-18 degrees Celsius during the day and less than 10 degrees Celsius at night . My luggage is all packed and ready for summer in Miami !!! Stupid me . Silly me . 

Well , you might say , more reason to shop and spend some money while you are on holiday right ? Yes I know but I could not bring myself to wear granny fashion . Scotland is a place with many many many old folks , you can be sure with the amount of davidsons chemist in the town , and with a sign that says : NHS , fill your prescription here ! 
*show you-get-the-picture face* 

Dunblane , Pitlochry and Dunkeld , little town out of the city , even more granny fashion . Kill me please . So I started looking for heat pack , those activated carbon self heating pack or instant hot pack from the pharmacy . But they don't stock it . Non of the chemists stock it so I started chatting to one chemists that is a little friendly , by asking don't they feel cold ?? He said no , not really ( him in his short sleeve shirt ) . And I ask if it's ok to touch his arm to see if he is warm , he showed a gesture meaning please go ahead , so I did . And to my surprise he is warm , and I felt sorry that he had to take the chill from my palms . Then I went on : do I look over dress ( as in too cover up for their weather ) , and he answered with his Scottish accent , yea a little bit . We both laughed . 

I heard there is a farmer's market somewhere . Off I go to hunt for a vintage-look wind breaker for less than 5 pounds. 

*shoppingqueenmodeon*


1 comment:

  1. I enjoy your blog. I'm surprised you are so surprised at the human body being able to adapt to conditions, such as cold ir say, 40+ C in Qatar! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete