Sunday 21 June 2015

Fart or live without milk

R o o m i e  farts extensively . She says she would record it and send it to her boyfriend on whatsapp ( don't tell me I need to explain what is whatsapp ok ? ) . Ewwwwww right ? She is weird sometimes but most importantly I find her my biggest entertainment source . And she goes like : I don't actually do it  , I just wanted to see your reaction LOL  yea I do trust people too easily , crap ! 

The gasses are not pungent but just extensively a lot . So being a pharmacist I start studying her diet patterns and found out what was wrong with her bowel . She takes probiotic so it can't be constipation or flora problem . It happens later in the day usually which I also figure out why because she skips breakfast everyday . After watching her for weeks I finalize she is lactose intolerance . I told her about it and she went : shoossh no way ! 

Being ignorant is usually the first thing everyone does when they get diagnose with something . Lactose intolerant is particularly common among Asians .the body produces lactase but as you grow older or take lesser dairy product day by day in your adulthood , the body stops producing the enzyme in large amount because your body only do what it needs to ( so you eat less milk,  they produce less lactase ) , some people will stop production completely .  How do we treat lactose intolerance ? Easy . Take lactase. Mostly manufactured in the USA and sadly to announce we don't have it in Malaysia . Terrible drugs formulary we have , I know . Get it from Singapore if you live in Malaysia . If not online pharmacy is not such a bad option . 

But roomie screams and yell saying drugs have side effects so I went : live without milk . Let me start with the list of food to avoid , now listen attentively . Pitzahhhhh πŸ•πŸ•πŸ• ( she looks ok ) , ice cream ( I saw frown line between eyebrows) , cheesecake and cheeseburger ( she looks as if she is going to cry ) and .... She then disrupted my sentence and go : chocolates ?🍫🍫 i answered : only dark ones  ( her face turned blue ) . 

Latte, ice chocolates , Oreo milkshakes ( she begins to walk away ) ...so I yell MILO AS WELL  . She called out loud from the toilet : buy me lactase ! 

I crack up . 

No comments:

Post a Comment