Saturday 1 October 2016

Peptic ulcer liquid lipstick

I have an obsession for liquid lipstick , and my imagination ran wild today thinking would there be a set of lipsticks name after diseases ?  Like the lipstick is called 'acne' - a bright red color for instance and 'diabetes' - for a frosty pink color ? You know what I mean ..? Ok ,no. I am weird , my ideas are strange . 

Let's not get carried away in makeups , if you do have the same problem as I do , then you might want to read on , I could have a few tips that would help you with your situation. 

Well first of all , the word peptic ulcer is not commonly use in this part of the world , as in my place . When I came back to practice as a pharmacist , everyone uses a term 'gastric' for peptic ulcer or dyspepsia condition . And I would remember thinking what gastric ?? Gastric as in my gastric , you mean intestine ?? Then I realize that the English proficiency is so low here that they could not say gastroenteritis , in short is gastric *roll eyes * , why didn't they say gastric (pain) ?? I didn't think it was funny but I think coming back to work in this country was silly . But anyway ... Things doesn't look too bad now , at least I got some experience that some of my peers in uni could never imagine and some hilarious stories to tell them when I see them in Perth. 

Peptic ulcer is a pain but it is easily managed as long as you don't ignore it . Most people ignore the signs and symptoms , and when things gets really bad , it is too late . First of all your stomach has two parts , the stomach and the duodenum, and these organs are responsible for digesting your food. If they get unwell or falling sick, that means it has something to do with the food you consume. Of course there are exceptions whereby some people literally produces too much stomach acids by nature , but it is really uncommon. Generally most ladies' minor dyspepsia is due to common weight loss diet they've self created and most of the time self destructive . Crash diet or a change in diet drastically could affect your stomach . I have been on my blood type diet for some time , and it does really change my dyspepsia . Blood type O like me generally have strong stomach acidity which helps in digesting meat, but caffeine can kill my stomach in just a shot .i'll have gastric pain for two days if I have just a single cup of espresso. 
Caffeinated drinks or caffeine is highly effective in loosen the gastric sphincter and that could be a problem for me as I generally have strong stomach acid. Try blood type diet first , and if it does not get better in 4 weeks then opt for medication . 
Some of you might be screaming now, saying mama have no time for your blood type diet , I need quick relief ! Ok... I hear you .. I will get to that *doing that stay calm hand motion*

There are antacids in the pharmacy such as Gavsicon , Ranitidine and Esomeprazole ( let's just call this nexium ) , the drug names are harder to pronounce than Thai language. They were listed respectively , according to their potency . You might be thinking the strongest the better , well no exactly . Medications comes with side effects , if you have done an endoscopy , and been through seeing your gastrologist all the time , then yes . Take nexium . Maximum dose. But if not , I think Gaviscon is not such a bad medication . Not because someone pay me to say this , I blog for my interest and I do buy all my medications with my hard earn money . Reason being the medication just neutralize the excess acids that is giving you trouble without altering the body's system . 

Ranitidine is pretty much the same as nexium except in a milder form . What they do is getting into your system , bonds to some of your receptor in your stomach and switched the acid button off . That way the overall production of acid would reduce , giving you less reflux . Now acid reflux is a term using to describe acid regurgitation up the food pipe , which gives you the feeling of a dull pain on your upper stomach , sometimes the pain is so intense it will give you a feeling of 'difficulty of breathing' . 
Switching off the acid production can be a bad thing especially if it lasted for 8hours ( because you generally feel hungry every 4 hours ) and when your acid is not really sufficient to digest the food you eat . The higher the dose or potency of medicine means the stronger the switch / block of acid production .

Start low dose and go up slowly and accordingly , and when your friend gives you a tablet of nexium 40mg does not necessarily is right for you . Check with your regular chemist or simply email me ! 

Bye pretties ! 

Ps: Oh before I forget , anemia could be the name of a light beige liquid lipstick , no ?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment