Thursday 13 August 2015

P I G skin lining

I find this skin lining absolutely amazing , because apart from this animal's lining no other animal lining needs an obvious signage to be place clearly next to the product . Being closely related to this animal , as in my Chinese zodiac sign is THE boar , I am proud of it .

Well that's an excellent way to warn or tell everyone , to think before you 'touch me' . How I wish I could have that signage on me because that's the exact message I like to send to everyone else . I don't like to be touched except when I am having a spa or hair cut ( both I dislike but am force to once in awhile ) . Roomie says I am not an affectionate person . Well said I figure . 

Speaking of pig skin lining , I have some pharmacist story to tell . 

We have gelatin capsules that are porcine origin , so we have to put up a signage notifying our customers about it , just like that pig skin lining leather for shoes . I remembered typing those signage , designing them getting it approve by the management . It wasn't something I could not do in minutes , but I was really really really really  ( Carly Rae Jepsen song singing in my head ) tempted to put up a signage that says : 

      DON'T EAT ME OR TOUCH ME ! 
( even if you will die without me , because you won't go to heaven if you did )       

And that little devil was ringing and talking in my ears going : do it do it ! The angel on the other side said : don't be a racist and mean pharmacist . The logical mini drug queen immediately pops up and say : You would loose your job if you did that , so in the end my brain speaks louder than my heart , and I went on and type : 

        NOT suitable for Muslim
             and Jewish of faith  
(Contains ingredients of porcine origin ) 

The management approved the sign and pheww ! So I was that close to getting into trouble . 

When I was fulfilling my compulsory service and working in a government hospital , we had to remember which injections and implants products were porcine or bovine origins by heart . Some might say aren't they written in the pack ? Obviously not !! Because most of these medications are imported and places of manufacture are European origin or The USA , so the pharmacist would have to sit down and read all the information leaflet in the package , go onto the website and do your research , and some times send email or online chat to the manufacturing company to find out ( if you highly suspect it is porcine origin ) , and make a report if it is and get signature and approval from management to send out an email to ALL staff working in the hospital . In the end , update the table /record in the file in the shared folder to be viewed by all the paramedics working in the hospital . This is what a DIS ( drug info system) pharmacist does .

We keep an eye and remind the fellow clinical doctors in prescription selection just in case they might have overlooked that bit of information. 

So yessshhh , for those who didn't know , we don't sit there and just warm chairs . 






No comments:

Post a Comment