Sunday 12 April 2015

Xanax

One of the perks of working in a pharmacy where i work at is , it is a place where i meet lots of tourist . Things i love about is , meeting my friends (my customers) from the antipodes, they never fail to remind me of the good times i had when i was back in the university and my life working as an internship there. The other parts of the world are also very much of my interest  as they always give me an idea of what's popular over in their place that we don't have here in Asia, especially the Europe region tourists. The middle Easterners always surprises me with their ladies knowing so much , but not speaking much in front of their man , they often act and speaks fluent english when they are alone with their peers. I respect their cultural upbringing and very well understand that an alpha female like myself would never survive in their country. And lastly but not least the Chinese , are so rich that is not even funny . Any middle class looking chinese tourist could just wipe out all the LOREAL creams on the shelves , yes ALL . Trust me i am often the first person that they ask if i have excess stock in the storage room , chinese are direct/straightforward thinking in that way that the PHARMACIST must be the boss here , that he/she must know everything, so you can go figure the story there after yourself ……

But all of them have something in common , they would ask me for XANAX , when they realize i am friendly. Well i know pharmacist are drug dealers, but i swear not all of us are drug addicts. When i was back in Australia, there are NO over the counter request for Xanax, well i could understand that as the country is very well regulated and these drugs are difficult , literally impossible to get hold of . This is what i really miss about working in a developed country . In Malaysia it is not as well regulated , well it is a developing country to begin with , so what do you expect ? It is pretty difficult for the foreigners to imagine, we live in a place where you don't see on a tv screen , but we sure know how to run free… The point is we would not keep any Xanax or benzodiazepines in our premises at all , because of safety reasons. WE can never trust the efficiency of the police , security guards are usually syndicate of crimes and robbers surely run free LOL so seriously, i don't have any XANAX in my drawers.

I shall not comment on why they need the tablets for , but back in school days , Xanax could go up to 50dollars per tablet as a street drug . The tablets are widely use for anxiety disorders, and i 've known personally many friends who suffers from the conditions simply due to the stressful environment that we live in.  Xanax is not usually use for sleep problems , because it is so long acting , it is not strong enough to induce sleep , besides there are many other tablets to help with sleep problems ( read my other blog : are u a night owl? ) .

I have big dreams, i wish the non-existence of drug black markets one day, that all pharmacists are here to set good examples.I understand it is business but my conscience won't let me do it , never.

No comments:

Post a Comment