Tuesday 13 October 2015

Seriously have I got breast cancer ???

A couple years back I woke up overnight noticing the unusual change to my left nipple . So I went into the shower and do a self breast examination , some of you might be thinking what is a self breast examination , well if you are above 24 I highly recommend that you google it up and at least make a vow to practice it every now and then in your shower . The breast examination is about 15 to 20minutes and obviously depends on your cup size , for people like me , I often think that 10minutes was more than enough as there is not much mass to check or fiddle with LoL . But to my surprise I did not find any lumps or solid hard object in my two bulbs on top of my chest . But the change in that nipple color was too prominent to ignore . 

So I ring up the hospital and tried making an appointment for a mammogram . And i was lucky enough to be able to get one the next day . I brought my mum along as I was afraid , afraid that they might crush my boobs , as the ladies often scare us by saying how terrible uncomfortable a mammogram is . Few years back I lost a first cousin to breast cancer so that definitely prompt me to getting a thorough check up as breast cancer runs in a family other than that it is plain bad luck . 
When I was call upon for my mammogram , all I did was prayed that the radiologist was not a handsome young man , and it wasn't , and that sense of relieve made me smile all the way through the process as if i was getting my passport photo done ! And of course it did help with the slight discomfort of the mammogram but honestly it was not terrible pain like what those ladies said . Everything was over in half an hour and the results were - CLEAR no lumps . Which means I still have to check further - because the color has change to yellowish on one side to the other . 

As usual being a Malaysian , I have somehow adopted the idea , don't know since when ,not to consult the radiologist about it , but what I did was consulted the infamous oncologist Dr in town . Still paranoid as hell over the yellowish color discharge from my nipple !! And of course the wait was long , since she is the most famous one, I waited 2 days before I got my appointment and it was noon slot. The clinic was flooded with women and I was clearly the youngest of my mom was not with me . See mom always comes in handy, as people would thought it was her breast instead of mine needed check up, just in case I do bump into my friends . Seriously I was too paranoid and panicky to think about the result , what is it was a yes ? How long more do I have to live ? Breast cancer can be absolutely devastating and mastectomy can be destructing for someone so young like me . Though Angelina Jolie was a survivor and got a breast implant , but she had live her life , got many kids , married a gorgeous good looking man ! But I have barely even plan to do all those yet !!! 
My name was called .. And so I stopped day dreaming and walk into the consultation room with my mom . 

The doctor was professional and did a few minutes to do some history taking and she could see that I was nervous I bet as she quickly usher the nurse to get ready the examination bed so she could check out my boobs LMAO .. Sounds so wrong , well you get what I mean. 

After looking closely at my nipple , she touches it tenderly with her fingers then laughed. She went on and said: it's only a pimple , clogged pores. I went bizerk as I have not heard about a nipple pimple ever , and said : what???? You can have pimple on your nipple ? And it's nothing serious? 

Nothing serious she said affirmatively . Just wear breathable textile bra if you sweat heavily . And the nurse assisting me and my mom out of the room while calling upon the next patient's name. 

I was reluctant to pay for consultation fee but on the other hand it was not the doctors fault ,in fact it was kind of silly of me to have wasted her time with other oncology patient . 

Bugger . Bugger . Buggeraghhh ! 

Horrible pimple that had made me sleepless for 2 nights and kept me awake thinking what I needed to do if it was really cancer and I have no more than 2months to live . But I am glad that it did reminded me that I should waste no more time in pursuing what I always wanted to do , which is to write a blog and live the life that you love  . 

No comments:

Post a Comment